Things you will NEVER read about Shawn Fain in the corporate media.
1) He is widely despised among the rank-and-file auto workers. Facebook chats & live-streams are full of hostile comments from workers, which he ignores.
2) Shawn Fain was installed as UAW president in a sham election last year where he only receive 3% [!] of the membership vote. Most auto workers didn’t even know there was an election & never received a ballot.
3) Shawn Fain is a career bureaucrat in bed with corporate management. He wants to settle this labor dispute in favor of the Big Three, ASAP.
4) “Selective strikes” turn fellow non-striking auto workers into scabs, which is how to defeat a strike. That’s Shawn Fain’s plan. Right now, only 3 auto plants are on strike, with the UAW bureaucracy ordering workers to stay on the job everywhere else, even though they don’t have a contract.
5) The UAW has an $825 million strike fund, which came entirely from workers’ union dues, but the bureaucracy doesn’t want to call an all-out strike because it considers this money to be its own personal piggy bank. “Strategic strikes” prevents most auto workers from getting any strike money.
6) Bernie Sanders, AOC, etc, will be brought in to give Shawn Fain a boost from the fake left.
7) If the entire auto workforce eventually walks out, that’s the work of the WSWS. The UAW (and the fake left) is trying everything it can to PREVENT this from happening.